Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Strengthen Our Sails in the Starlight

The sun isn't up yet, but I can see the stars twinkling in the early morning sky.  I'm thankful for another day and night here on earth.  

Good morning, Father.  You are amazing in all things, Lord, and I bless your name today.  Thank you for your goodness and faithfulness in all things.  To be able to lie down at night, knowing that I have a Creator and Father who rules the Universe and who is always God is so comforting to know.  Thank you again for being God!  I will not ever grow weary of telling you how very grateful I am that you are God!

Lord, time goes by so quickly!  It seems the day has just begun and yet not everything has been accomplished that needs to be done before it is gone. There are moments of great frustration, knowing that there is still so much that I can't seem to get to and aware that time is slipping away.  I don't want to be negligent of what needs to be done, but neither do I want to miss the time I need to simply be with you and away from all of the daily tasks.  I continue to ask for your way always.   You know what is best left undone, what is necessary, and what is not.  

You know the timing of all things.  Lead me in your timing, Father.  And please give me the strength I need in every moment.  Some days I feel weak and tired. Strengthen me during those days, Lord.  Please tell me when to rest, if I am not paying close enough attention or if I am feeling pressed and don't recognize the pressure.  Lead me in the way everlasting. You are The Way Everlasting!

Many of my brothers and sisters in the body of Christ are also feeling such enormous pressure and tiredness.  I ask you in Yeshua's name to reveal to each one the truth about where that pressure and fatigue originates. Lord, many are not only tired, and under enormous pressure, but also feel they are not accomplishing their call in life.  

Lord, you see and know all.  You know the things we cannot see, and you decide when and where you want to use each one of us. You also understand how you want to use us!  Help your people refuse frustration and accept with joy and anticipation the doors you open at the times of your choosing!  

Help your people lay aside wrong mindsets that inhibit the relationships you want to enjoy with us.  How often have we turned away because of guilt about tasks undone or for neglecting time that could have been spent with you?  Help your people see the need to be with you intimately every day to clearly hear your word of direction for the moment.  We need the quiet time with you, Father.  We need the time alone, separate from the cares and duties of life if we are to hear you clearly and deepen our relationships with you.  Strengthen all of us to willingly lay aside every agenda we create and choose to run to you for our time alone together.  

Even at times, Lord, things will change moment to moment. You know and see it all!  Your will is the rudder on my ship.  Turn me this way and that according to your desire for my life. Holy Spirit, speak to me first thing every morning before we even set sail for the day.  Talk to me throughout the day!  I pray for your wisdom, discernment, humility, and love to fill my sails.  

Please wash over your people with waves of joy, power, strength, and peace as the hours rush by.  And  Father, please draw all of us ever closer to you, your will and your ways for our lives. Do what must be done to bring us closer to you.  You've been so good to us, Father.  Again I ask you to make us people who are hungry for you.

You desire truth in the inward parts.  Fill us with the truth of your word. Fill us with the truth of who you are and who we have been called to be. Help us seek your way and find it.  And help us see the ones who are afloat on the seas of life, with no life jacket to keep them from drowning.  You have the life jacket they need, but you send your people to deliver that 'life jacket' to them.  The life of your word is the life jacket everyone needs to be saved!  

Help us see that setting our own course means that we may miss the lives that are crying out to be saved!  We love you, Father!  We love you, Lord Yeshua and we love you, beautiful Holy Spirit.  Have your way with us today! 

You are most beautiful and wonderful of all!  You are kindness and mercy, glory and power!  You are faithful and gentle, passionate and perfection! You are my provider and my friend.  I love you, Lord.  Reign in me today.

In Yeshua's mighty saving name, I pray and will always be your...
'My Victory' 


No comments:

Post a Comment