Sunday, June 18, 2017

God Seasons...

My Father,

My heart and mind are so full of so many things today.  The best place to start, though, is to say that you are Holy and I want your kingdom to come and your will to be done on this earth, as it is where you are in heaven.  The day is almost gone, and yet I still pray that you will give us our daily bread and forgive our sins as we forgive the people who have sinned against us.  Please keep us out of temptation and deliver us from the plans of the evil one, Father.  Everything belongs to you!  That is comforting to know, Lord.  There is nothing that escapes your notice nor your power.  It is all yours, and you will do with it as seems fit to you.  Thank you for that!  I pray that you will have your way in all of your people, Lord.  Be glorified in every wonderful way you will through us.

Thank you for the seasons you set before us.  You know I'm talking about the seasons of laboring, growth, maturing, trials, struggles, resting, and joy. There are so many others that my mind can't comprehend, but I know you had planned them all before we were even born.  Thank you, Lord.  It helps to know that most especially during the times that are hard to endure.  Sometimes when I am feeling the weight of battle, I need the reminder you give me through Holy Spirit.  You're faithful to tell me that you are at work in me, refining, strengthening, and developing things in me that are necessary for my walk and my healing. 

 Sometimes, like today, you shore me up with the reminder that decades-old wounds need healing and you are at work bringing that healing to pass.  Father, during those times of your great mercy you show me the effects of my sin in the lives of others.  Thank you for all of these things, Lord.  In your amazing love, you do the work of humility with each new revelation.  I am astounded by your patience and kindness, Father.  You wait for years sometimes, so that I can endure the revelation of my sin and its effects on others as well as on me. 

 Some of the things you've unveiled would have crushed me or overwhelmed me so much that I couldn't have withstood the knowledge of what I'd done without giving up and turning away in guilt and shame. You knew that was the case, so you protected me from seeing it all at once.  Your grace is beautiful, Father.  Thank you for being so gracious to me.

 I remember the panic attacks and how you said it was because of all of the trauma I'd been through in my lifetime and that you were bringing up things slowly so as not to let the remembrance of them destroy me.   I had blocked so much of my life out of my memory because it was too hard for me to recall as you told me long ago.  Thank you once again for your protection over my life.  I wasted so much of it, Father.  Help me use your wisdom during the time I  have remaining on earth!

You said in your word that you would take our hearts of stone and give us hearts of flesh.  How painful and yet how beautiful it is, Father!   Thank you for continuing to love us during this process of changing us.  Thank you for your love, my glorious GOD! Thank you for your goodness to us.

Holy, please help us remember that the work in us is ongoing! Remind us when the enemy tells us what failures we are, or when we feel tempted to criticize other believers who are struggling in some area of their lives that we have perhaps overcome in ours.  Help us keep our opinions and thoughts to ourselves about others and rather show mercy and patience, and grace just as you do for us.  Help us keep a watch over our tongues and only speak life and blessings over others.  

Teach us what we need to know about the power of our words and how important it is for us to be merciful!  You showed me again in James 2:13 that the person who doesn't show mercy to others will be judged without mercy, and that mercy exults over judgment.  I want to be shown mercy, Father!  I want to be merciful to others as well.  My prayer is for the whole body of Christ to come away from the critical and judgmental mindsets and to give with liberty the gift of mercy to one another.  Help us, Father. Help us see with your eyes.  Change our hearts of stone to become hearts of flesh!

Thank you for being my Father.  I love you so much.  Let your words come alive in all of your children.  Wake us from our sleepy ways and be all you desire in us.  In Yeshua's most glorious name I will forever remain your 'My Victory.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment