Friday, May 26, 2017

YOUR GREAT BEAUTY...

Good morning, my Sweet Lord and Mighty GOD!

My heart is filled with anticipation for this day and the days ahead, Father.  I know that you are good!  As I sat watching the trees dancing in the wind this morning, I was so aware that they could not even do that without you having created the wind, as well as the trees themselves.  It makes me cry to think of how beautiful you are in every way.  Even the ways I cannot see – I still know that you are beautiful. 

Even when your ways are not easy to endure, you are beautiful.  You cannot be anything else!  Your beauty is a thing of great power.  Your beauty is defined by who you are in every way – and even in the ways that are painful to your creation.  There is no one as beautiful as you, Lord.  These verses from Hebrews 10 come to mind…

“26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” [d] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[e] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

In all your ways, you are just and beautiful.  In all your ways, you are righteous and pure and holy.  Even when you have to judge, you do it with great mercy.  You give us the grace to grow in holiness.  You give us so much more than we deserve, Father.  We have trampled the Son of God underfoot so many times, and I am so sorry.  Please forgive us, Lord.  Please help us never again abuse or take advantage of what you and he have done so that we could be free.  Please help us walk this journey with the full awareness of what you have given and how important it is to humbly follow and obey you, showing you the love we have for you, too.

This morning, there are so many who need prayer.  So many who have significant needs.  But in your beautiful love, you have made provision for every need, so even as I ask you to help them, I also thank you for already having made the way to meet those needs.  Thank you for going ahead of us and setting things in place for your plan for our lives.  Thank you for your boundless mercy!  Thank you for you.

Lead my path.  Lead each of us into all the things you have in store for us.  And please, LORD, provide us with the peace and strength and courage to endure the hard stuff.  If we look closely enough, we will still see your great beauty in those times, as well.  Give us a heartbeat for your ways, Father.  Give us eyes to see the beauty that you are.

I love you so much, Lord.  You are mine, and I am yours.  Hold me close all day and all weekend long.  I won’t be near the computer to write until Tuesday, but you know that will not keep me from praising and thanking you.  You cannot be ignored!  You are too beautiful for me to turn away from – and I never want to do such a thing.  Help me honor you with my thoughts, words, and deeds in every way.  You are my great Father.  I love you, Lord.

And I will remain yours ever...


‘My Victory’

No comments:

Post a Comment