Tuesday, December 2, 2014

WRINKLES

Someone recently blessed me with the most wonderful words of evidence that our LORD is working in my life.  She told me that she’d been looking at who I used to be, instead of seeing me as I am now – a work still in progress but a bit further along the path than the place where she had unintentionally continued to see me. She was stunned to find out that she saw me that way.  And frankly, I was stunned to know she saw me that way, too!

I know this woman very well and love her deeply.  Her love for me is just as strong.  She is an amazing woman of GOD, a prophet who is given over totally to her relationship with our LORD.  She pours out her life on a daily basis for those He brings in her path.  She does not withhold her time when I have a need.  I've seen her deal with the rejection of loved ones and watch as she struggles to make ends meet with whatever she is given as a missionary. I have known her to go without food and necessities, praying and trusting GOD to provide what she needed. This is not a hard-hearted woman, beloved.  And I say all this so that you will be in remembrance of the fact that we can do all kinds of wonderful things for GOD and still not see things that we've tucked away inside…things that would surprise us to learn about ourselves!

When Holy Spirit opened her eyes to her, she apologized and asked for forgiveness from Him and me.  GOD was doing a work in her that completely affected my life, as well.  And so it is with all of us.

We are connected, Beloved.  Whether we really realize it or not, those words in scripture that say when one part of the body hurts, the whole body feels it. 1 Corinthians 12:15-26 (NIV) says, ‘15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.’

When we see others, what is it we truly see?  Is it a work in progress, just as we are all works in progress?  Or, has our enemy taken a picture of how things were and continued to hold it up before our eyes, such that it blinds us to the reality of the work of Holy Spirit in the life of the one we’re seeing?  Do we offer the same grace that we want extended to us?  Do we remember that each part of the body is important and more precious than we can possibly realize?  Do we come alongside of and encourage our brothers and sisters in Christ, doing all the Father asks of us to bless them?  Do we look at the lost, the lonely, fearful, unbelieving, different, unchurched people and refuse to see them as anything more than hopeless, helpless, rebellious individuals who will one day burn in hell?

I love knowing that GOD sees us through the eyes of Yeshua/Jesus.  I love knowing that He sees the end from the beginning and knows where He is taking us.  I love knowing that He is more than able to finish the work He’s begun and that His promise is that He will do the same in all of those who have made Him their GOD.

This body we’re in…this ‘Bride of Christ’ body to which we belong…it’s full of people with wrinkles in their garments and spots (sins) on their gowns…  But GOD is at work, helping us get ready to meet our wonderful Bridegroom, Yeshua/Jesus.  He’s not looking back, beloved.  He’s looking forward – to the time when we will be with Him.  He sees what He created us to be and knows the hunger in our spirits to get there.  

We both got a good laugh out of it.  She’d been told just days before by Holy Spirit that He was ironing out the wrinkles in her garment.  She asked me if I understood what those wrinkles might be.  The only thing Holy Spirit told me was that they had to do with things like relationships and teachings.  The good news is that the garment He showed was a pure white gown – so completely clean and white that it was almost blinding…  It was just a little wrinkly, but the LORD had a HOT iron He was using to get the wrinkles out.  I told her we both had wrinkles…and instantly saw a picture of a Sharpei dog in my mind.  You know, they look like this:

Displaying
We’re all a bit wrinkly, I guess.  But GOD is faithful and knows how to wield a hot iron to get us ready to meet Him.

So when you look – see the finished work the Master wants to do.  See the wrinkles gone.  See the gown sparkling.  See through eyes of love!  And ask Him on a regular basis – ‘Father, please show me what I need to see about myself, so that I may honor you in every way and change the parts I know how to change about myself.  I entrust the rest to You!  In Yeshua’s beautiful and glorious name!  Amen!
It’s just another way we war well!

Love you all!
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment