Tuesday, June 3, 2014

ABOVE THE CLOUDS

He stands in the heavens with His arms outstretched, stars literally pouring from the palms of His hands.  Galaxies more vast than any mortal can even begin to comprehend are born with one thought from the unfathomable mind of the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.  Everything He does is glorious!  His creation is constantly displaying the majesty of The Holy One.  He has no equal.  He is Infinite.  Immortal.  Eternal.  Steadfast.  Omnipotent.  Omnipresent.  Omniscient.  And, He is always creating.  Worlds without end...  Always.  Always. ALWAYS!

'The heavens declare the glory of GOD; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. Day after day, they pour forth speech.  Night after night, they reveal knowledge.  They have no speech, they use no words.  No sound is heard from them.'  Psalm 19:1

I love to look at the sky.  It's always been one of my favorite things to do.  Whether it be filled with puffy white cotton ball clouds, huge thunderheads, the first light of dawn, the last rays of a beautiful sunset or stars that shimmer and sparkle against a velvety black night, all are stunning reminders of the very creative nature of our loving GOD.  I never find it to be dull or boring.  It's a constant declaration of the power and wonder of an all-consuming passionate and eternal Maker. And although the scripture in Psalm 19:1 says no sound is heard from them (only unheard by the human ear), those skies really do 'pour forth speech' day and night, proclaiming the eternal evidence of the existence and nature of GOD.

I have the same passion about trees.  I love to watch them sway in strong winds... Reminds me of the winds of adversity in life and how we are to be anchored in our LORD if we are to endure those troubling times.  I also love to see the leaves rustling when there's a gentle wind blowing.   It reminds me the breath of Holy Spirit, faithfully moving in and through our lives each day.  Those are some of the ways He speaks to me, reassuring and bringing me comfort when life is anything but comfortable.  They remind me that the One Who created everything from nothing, even created the nothing into which everything was born.   They are visible reassurances of the faithfulness, love, and tender watch-care of my invisible Father GOD.  What wonder lies beyond our ability to see with our limited eyesight! What peace comes with knowing that He Who set the sun in the sky and the moon into orbit can be trusted to always be GOD!  He has no equal.  He has no equal.  HE HAS NO EQUAL.

Beloved friends, our world has grown more and more unstable.  I will not glorify what is going on by dwelling on it here.  You don't need me to recount the works of satan and his devils, and I am not interested in doing so.  Instead, I will say this:  Now more than ever we must draw close to our LORD.   Praise Him.  Talk to Him.  Listen to Him.  Read His word.  Meditate on it day and night.  Pray.  Fast.  LOVE.  Give.   Labor while there is still time!  And never forget:  rest in Him.

When I say we must draw close to Him, I don't mean we should hide in our basements and wait for the end to come!  Heavens, no!!!  It's scary to think that there are people who claim to love the LORD but who are staying locked up behind closed doors so that nothing bad can happen to them - people who believe they will be contaminated by the world and may be in danger of losing their 'salvation' by association with the 'lost' people in it.  If you know someone like that, PRAY for them, for they are driven by fear!  They have fallen into horrible deception and don't realize that hiding is just another way of trying to 'save their own lives', not realizing that in the process of doing so, they stand in danger of losing their lives in heaven. 

What I mean is this:  we cannot afford to NOT reach out to the 'lost'!  It's part of our responsibility as the children who claim to love GOD!  You and I have been placed in this time because GOD chose us for this time.  We have much work to do!  The time is short and there are so many who still don't know Yeshua/Jesus Christ is LORD.  He said this in Matthew 10: 37-39,

"Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.  Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.  Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

Do you hear it?  He's saying we must be willing to follow Him at all costs.  At all costs.  AT ALL COSTS.

No doubt some of you reading this are dealing with your own troubling circumstances.  Maybe you have a relationship that seems to be falling apart...  Maybe you or someone you love is struggling with health issues. Maybe you have family issues that seem irreparable.  Maybe you've lost your job or your home - or a loved one.   Whatever the problem may be, GOD can walk you through it with His grace.  He cares!  He really truly cares.  And He has an answer.  He has a plan.  Hold on!!!

James 1:16, 17, (NIV) says, "Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."  He never changes.  Isaiah 43:19 (NKJV) says, "Behold, I will do a new thing. Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." 

To the human eye, it may seem that the stars are just randomly tossed in the skies.  That may even have been what everyone believed before the constellations were identified.  So you see, to us, they may look like there is no order.  But there is!  GOD is a GOD of order!  We cannot see the big picture of the heavens, but He can.  We cannot see the big picture for our lives or the lives of those we love, but He most certainly can.  He is VAST!  He is ENORMOUS!  And He is at work in your life every second of every day.  That beat of your heart you just experienced...He's telling you of His love with every beat.  That breath you just breathed into your little lungs...He's telling you of His great love with every breath. 

Look at the stars in the night sky.  Look at the clouds rolling across the day sky.  Watch the leaves on the trees rustling with the movement of the wind.  Hear the sound of Holy Spirit as He speaks to you through all of creation, announcing the words of the FATHER GOD, saying,

I AM HERE.  I AM FAITHFUL.  I AM ALL YOU WILL EVER NEED AND MORE THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE.  I AM.  YES.  I AM.

Blessings,
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment