Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Focus

Focus.  On Him.  Heart.  Mind.  Will.  Emotions.  Your soul and your spirit.  Focus on the Creator ~ YHVH ~ Yeshua Ha'Maschiach ~ Jesus, the Christ - Holy Spirit...

Good morning!  What an incredibly beautiful day we're having in the Midwest (USA).  The sun is shining, the skies are blue with a few clouds, the wind is blowing...  As I said, what a beautiful day!  The LORD gave me this day, and I intend to enjoy it fully!

Oh, that doesn't mean that everything in the day will be perfect.  I know that.  It just means that, no matter what comes my way, I have absolutely decided that nothing will steal my peace, because I have chosen to keep my focus on my LORD.  

A few weeks ago, I found myself in a horrible frame of mind.  My attitude was disgusting, to say the least.  Circumstances in the life of a loved one had become so prevalent in my thoughts that I began to be very negative and critical.  I'd lost my joy.  Instead of remembering the goodness of GOD and the promise that He is still at work in not only my life, but the lives of all of His children, I was staring at the monster of sin and rebellion in someone else.  As a matter of fact, I was staring at it so intently that I'd become blind to the sin in my own life...not the least of which was the judgment that I found running through my veins for the aforementioned loved one.  Disgusting, huh?  Tell me about it!  

The LORD is so GOOD!  In His great mercy, He chose to let me see my own sin in more than one area of my life.  He chose to 'chasten' me because He loves me waaaay too much to let me continue in my sin!  Hallelujah!  Our GOD reigns!

YHVH knows that the most important thing in the world to me is my relationship with Him.  I love the verses in Psalm 103...especially verses 13-15..."As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust."  Those verses are just another reminder to me that He never forgets that although I am a weak vessel in this earth, I am still His child and He will always see to it that I get whatever I need ~ including correction from Him ~ because of His great love for me, His child.  I love that!

Without His correction, I would continue to go down wrong paths, self-righteously believing that I was right in my assessments.  Eventually, I would wander so far off the 'right' path ~ the one on which I am to follow Yeshua/Jesus ~ that finding my way back would become increasingly difficult and could potentially take me completely out of His plan for my life.  As a result of those decisions, I could end up walking away from Him for good; never entering into the fullness of joy He has for me in this life or in the kingdom of heaven after I leave this world.  Thankfully, His great love chose to stop me before I went any further.  And He did it by showing me my own sin.  

Now, some would argue with me the impossibility of that happening to anyone who has been 'saved'.  All I can say is that Yeshua/Jesus said that it isn't going to be those who say to him 'Lord, Lord' we did all of these things in your name' (I'm paraphrasing Matthew 7:21), but rather it is "only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."  He goes on to say, "Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?"  His response says it all...  "Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you.  Away from me, you evildoers!"  

I can do all kinds of wonderful things for the LORD.  I can touch the lives and hearts of many people in His name.  I can sing and dance and praise and shout the GLORY of the LORD!  But if I am critical or judgmental, I am NOT doing the will of the Father in heaven.  No matter what is going on out in the open, in front of others in the ministry, it is what is going on behind closed doors and in the heart that matters to GOD.  Oh yes.  It matters a great deal.

And so, He helped me get my focus back.  And in the process of doing so, He restored my joy!  My eyes are on Him once again.  This time, more fully than ever before.  In my next blog, (hopefully, tomorrow) I'm going to share a vision He gave me after He restored me.  Stay tuned, dear readers.  And until we meet again here on this blog, I pray that you will ask GOD to show you what you need to see, so He can correct your vision, if it is in need of correcting!

Blessings!

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment