Saturday, March 13, 2010

Time For Rest


Hi everyone! The gentle (almost) Spring rain outside my windows reassures me that, once again, the seasons will change. Funny...my last post was about changing seasons. I guess I'm all caught up in that right now. It seems to be a reality in my own life - so apparently, it's on my mind and flowing out through my fingers and onto the keyboard as I type. I hope this Saturday finds you resting in the Lord all day long. I sure want that for myself!


And oh, yes...the clocks. Here in the Midwest, it's time for the clocks to do their thing...spring forward... Since we're in the spring forward season, all of us will 'lose' an hour of sleep to 'gain' an hour of sunlight. Not everyone in the U.S. has this option and there are many who don't care for it. Personally, I think it's a great idea. I love knowing that the sun is officially shining now at 6 something in the mornings! Silly, isn't it? It shines whenever God tells it to shine - regardless of our little score-keeping methods. Still in all, I love it!


I don't have any great new words of wisdom to post today. God has said it all. Follow Him. Do whatever He asks of you. I'm trying to do that in my own life. It's worth it, my friends. Sometimes it may be difficult, but it's always worth it!


Have a fabulous Saturday - rest in Him - (it is the Sabbath, according to the Bible) - and love everyone around you. I know, I know...sometimes THAT'S hard to do, too! :)


Here's a verse for today. It's from John 14:12-14. "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."


I hope you ask Him for everything He wants for you in this new spring season. And I hope you find and take the time you need to rest in and with Him.


Blessings...!


Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment