Friday, February 26, 2010

Looking for Spring



I'm so ready for the weather to change! No doubt, I'm not the only one who is, either. And even though it's another line from the old song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside", I'm going to do what the rest of the nation is doing...taking care of business and dashing - gingerly, so I don't slip and break my leg or something on the ice - still, dashing to the next warm place I need to be in order to do whatever it is I'm there to get done. (Now, there must have been at least three major grammatical errors in that last sentence, but I'm not too worried about it. It is, after all, freezing outside and some of that cold may have gotten stuck in the part of my brain that houses grammar stuff. I don't mind.)


So, these verses come to mind this morning. In Isaiah 42:9..."See, the former things have taken place and new things I declare; before they spring into being, I announce them to you." And then, from the very next verse..."Sing to the Lord a new song, His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea and all that is in it, you islands, and all who live in them. Let the desert and its towns raise their voices; let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice. Let the people of Sela sing for joy; let them shout from the mountaintops. Let them give glory to the Lord and proclaim his praise in the islands."


I love that He wants us to know that He is doing a new thing. God is always doing a new thing. Just like the seasons that continue to change, every year, our God continues to do something new. Spring will come. The cold weather will pass. New things are on the horizon for all of us. And our job is simply to rejoice! Sing praise to Him - whoever and wherever we are, no matter where we live. On the islands, the sea, the mountaintops - even right here in good old cold Missouri. It's a great day to rejoice and praise God for all He's doing - every new thing - and all the faithfulness He's demonstrated throughout the history of this world.


Don't know about you, but that just warmed up my day rather nicely. Blessings, dear friends. Enjoy whatever it is that God is "springing forth" in your lives!


Vicky

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post...lovely flowers...and lovely rendition of the song!

    ReplyDelete