Monday, February 8, 2010

Hunting For Marbles



Good morning all! Getting ready for a great week?


Seems like it's been days since I've been on my blog. I'm sure it has been. Actually, I'm sure if I stopped to check when I last posted something here, I would be shocked. Keeping up with 'life' is sometimes more difficult than I realize. At those times, I've got to stop and ask for help from the only Source of life there is. Such is the case today, my friends.


But I've no doubt that you all have the same challenges in your own lives. Circumstances may be different, but there's always stuff to be done, right? And it's crazy how time can get away from me! If I didn't know better, I would say that someone comes to my house and sets my clocks and calendars to some time in the future, leaving me to wonder if I've just gotten really old and don't have all my marbles anymore. (For you young people, that just means that I wonder if I'm losing my mind.) Of course, I refuse to believe that. I checked this morning and all my marbles are present and accounted for. Hallelujah...if any of them are actually missing, I'm blessed to know that GOD knows exactly where they have gone...and He knows how to keep me.


The devil would love for me to believe that I'm going crazy. Probably because he went crazy and rejected GOD, thinking he was so much better and smarter than YHVH. Oh yes, the devil lost his marbles a long time ago and I'm not interested in keeping company with him! I know the Lord said we are to be a peculiar people and I am most definitely peculiar. But crazy people? No way!



Now, on to our fundraising efforts. Let me catch you up on Heart Notes for Haiti. As of today, I'm still waiting to hear from a new friend who attends a church in Kansas City, Kansas. Her pastor is considering providing their building for a benefit concert. There is also a church in Lee's Summit, Missouri where we will be doing a benefit concert in May. Isn't that great news? I'll have more details as they become available, but for now, I'm just happy to see that things are beginning to open up. I'm still looking for help with this, though. If any of you would be interested in helping me promote this by making phone calls to secure space, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some of you are stay-at-home parents or retired or...whatever...you just have some extra time on your hands and would be willing to use it in this way. Hey, what about those of you who have children in school? Maybe their schools would be willing to let us do a fundraiser....? Just a thought.


Well, I need to jump off here for now. Here's a scripture for us today. It just keeps coming up in my spirit, so this must be the one!


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6


Lord, today I put my trust in You. My understanding gets all messy when I don't have You directing my paths and You know that there are a whole bunch of paths right in front of me. Today, I continue to acknowledge Your goodness and direction, Your blessings and Your power in my life. Thank You for being GOD every single day and night of my life. Have Your way in all of my friends here at Notes From The Heart and in me, too. I'm throwing the full weight of my faith on You, leaning heavily on Your love, power, mercy, grace and goodness. Thank You, GOD, for being Who You are! Bless us according to Your good pleasure, Lord, to be and do all You call us to be and do! In Jesus' powerful name. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment