Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Few Updates...


Good morning all! My feet hit the floor running - as much as that is possible at this age - with all the stuff that needs to be done today. Rehearsal starts at 9:00. On March 5th, I have another concert date for Branson at Morningside, "Home of the new Jim Bakker Show" and there is a great deal of vocal work that needs to get done getting ready for that one. But I woke up this morning knowing that I had to drop a few lines on here so that it doesn't look like I've fallen off the planet!

The first email I read from a friend of mine noted that I hadn't been heard from for awhile... So, here I am! :)


Here's where we are with the Haiti concerts. The Kansas City, Kansas church hasn't responded yet, so I'm not sure what is going to happen with that - if it will be scheduled at a later date or whatever - but am still waiting to hear from the contact person about it. We do have a date at Club D Mask Us in Lee's Summit, Missouri. It's set for May 7th and will feature a band and several solo artists. Yippeeee!


For now, I want to share the verse that the Lord gave me for today. It's from the book of Proverbs and it goes like this..."A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." Proverbs 25:11. That word aptly means appropriately, fittingly, rightly, suitably, pertinently. So my desire for this day is to speak the right words - words that appropriately fit the circumstances into which I will be speaking. I pray that you and I will be successful in our venture to do exactly that today. There are lots of folks who need to hear the right words coming out of our mouths and God is more than able to put those words in us - for our own good as well as for theirs.


Blessings today, everyone. Thanks so much for following - even though at times it seems that I am wandering all over the place! I so appreciate that you are willing to still come looking!


Vicky

2 comments:

  1. Vicky, I can contact the Dean of Faith Bible College which is where I attended for several years to see if he might be able to help us find some other churches. I know there is one in South KC that we've had our graduation exercises at and then there is a large Pentecostal church in KCK that has some anointed singers and dancers - they are absolutely awesome to watch and they have such a powerful ministry. Then there is another group that I might be able to connect with around the Raytown area that might be able to assist as well - the name of their group is call R.E.A.C.H. (Restoring Everyone Administering Christ's Healing) - they have an awesome choir. Anway, I have a few connections if you need some help, let me know. Blessings with love. Maybe next time I can go with you to Branson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, that would be fabulous! Call me, girl. Let's talk! Do you have my phone number?

    ReplyDelete