Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's Sunday Night...

Hi everyone! Haven't been on here for a few days and thought it would be a good idea to check in with you before heading off to bed. It's been a very full day and it's already midnight. I'm convinced that sometimes the clock just jumps forward about 10 hours without so much as the blink of an eye and I totally miss it. How does it DO that?!

It seems like so many things have changed these past two weeks. The earthquake in Haiti, for example. Lives lost. Lives found. Heartbreak beyond comprehension as the graves continue to open their mouths wider to receive the tens of thousands whose lives were snatched away in a few short seconds of time. Joy unspeakable as some learned that a loved one made it. Still, things will never be the same in Haiti. I would dare to say they will never be the same anywhere else in the world, either.

Agendas changed - mine included. Not that I actually have an agenda, but for lack of a better term, I'll use that word. My 'agenda' is to do the will of God and to get better at obeying Him, for one thing. Some days I seem to do better than others. Some days I am astounded by how much I need His grace to cover me. And now, God chose to put this catastrophic occurance in Haiti on my heart in such a way that made it necessary to seek Him for understanding about my involvement and the involvement of the ministry and the music. All of that happened because of events that took place over the course of a few life-changing seconds. Isn't that something?!

Heart Notes for Haiti is slowly taking shape and to me that is wonderful. There is still a long way to go, but I'm so encouraged by the people who want to be involved. Some of you know that there is a Heart Notes for Haiti group on facebook now. It's been up there for less than a week, I think, and we already have over 80 members. Hallelujah! My hope and prayer is that many of them will want to be involved in some way. Although many have made contributions to help Haiti through other organizations already, it seems that there is a hunger on the parts of people to be able to do more. If they are interested, there are plenty of opportunities to do more through Heart Notes for Haiti. If you are one of those people, then don't be shy! Join us!

Well, dear friends, my brain doesn't want to focus on this blog right now. It's been a terrific but also very full and very long day, so I'm going to sign off for tonight. Thanks for visiting and thanks so much for following. I truly hope and pray that the things I share on here somehow bless you. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers. Until the next post, be encouraged, be still and KNOW that He is GOD! :)

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment