Monday, January 18, 2010

Heart Notes for Haiti


Hi everyone. Some of you may have already seen it, if you've been to my website today or are following me on facebook. The site is live now! Hallelujah! So, it's time to get busy. Oh yeah. Right. Busy doing what?


(For those of you who haven't, the web address is http://www.heartnotesforhaiti.org/ . Go see!) :)


As I sit here wondering how on earth this ministry/relief effort is going to come together, there's no doubt in my mind that the whole thing is way bigger than something anyone should try to accomplish alone - and since I'm an 'anyone', that includes me. There are so many things that need to be done and my plate is already full. Therefore, I have two options: I can either burn myself out trying to make something happen, or I can wait on the Lord's direction for the next step and then take it. After less than a split-second of consideration, I choose the latter. I'm waiting!


Oh, yes. Rest. Wait before His throne for His direction. Hmmmm. I like it. Otherwise, I'll just be running around like a chicken with its head cut off, accomplishing some things, but most likely out of the plan that God has for me to do in all of this effort. You know - it's like the saying, "Work smarter, not harder". I want to work smarter. Only way to do that is let the One in charge of this ministry tell me what to do. And then my responsibility is to do it. That's the call for all of us, isn't it? Follow the direction of the Lord. When He speaks and says 'go now', we 'go now'. When He says wait, we wait.


There is a great deal of peace that comes with knowing that God has all of this in the palm of His hand. He has the people whose lives have been turned upside-down in the palm of His hand. He knows what He wants our little portion of the relief efforts to look like - and how - and when - and where all of that will play out. And, by the way, that's where I'm sitting, too. Right smack dab in the middle of the palm of His hand. I pray that all of you are there with me.


I'm not suggesting that we just sit back and let ourselves become hard-hearted or that we stand on the side-lines and say that we just don't have the resources or time to respond. I'm just suggesting that we all need His direction in order to be as effective as we possibly can. That goes for everything we do, I think. There are good choices, but there are best choices, too. May we always seek His face to find out what the best choice is in any circumstance!


There are people that are supposed to be a part of working with Heart Notes for Haiti and the relief efforts we feel so called to be a part of. So while I wait quietly in His presence, my heart trusts that He will be moving in those lives and encouraging them to get involved. I've already had a few of you contact me. Thank you so much for that! If you've checked out the website, you see what we need. And for the rest of you who may want to get involved in this, let's just agree to pray together and see how God leads you. If, when you do pray and get direction from the Lord, then contact me. We'll go from there!


For now, though, it's time for me to sign off. Here's my very small and simple prayer for Heart Notes for Haiti, you, the Haitian community around the world and me...


Lord God. Lead us all. In Jesus' name.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment