Thursday, December 24, 2009

Simple Blessings



Hi everyone! No doubt you're all either spending time with your families or already snuggled down in your warm comfy beds, ready for a good night's sleep before the joyous expectations of tomorrow (and for some of you, the TON of work...cooking, etc...), when you will be blessed with the companionship of family and friends for yet another Christmas Day.


But for some of you, this will be a difficult Christmas. I have a friend whose wife died on October 4th of this year. She left her earthly home after many years of suffering, and those who remain behind - her husband, son, daughter and six grandchildren - will miss her terribly. Pray for them.


Some of you have also lost loved ones recently, either to death or divorce. Whatever the cause, there has been a separation between you and one you hold dear to your heart. We will pray for you. I know there are no words that can comfort in times of loss. One of my sister's died 5 years ago. Cancer stole her life and like many others, praying didn't stop the beast from killing her.


And yet, I believe with all of my heart that God had a plan from the very beginning. He knows when all of us will go home to heaven. And while we may view the loss with grief, He wants us to also see it as a time of rejoicing for those who have gone to be with Him. So as you go about your day tomorrow, please trust the One Who knew exactly what He was doing when He called your loved one home. Live fully while you are here. Look forward to the time when you will be reunited.


Don't let the enemy steal your joy and hope for the future. Live and love to the fullest you possibly can. I am asking God to fill me with so much love that there's not a bit of room in me for even a whisper of criticism, frustration, anger or resentment of any kind. What a way to live! I want to embrace all He has for me in this life and spread JOY everywhere He takes me - to everyone I meet. I want to be a light that shines so brightly in this world that people are drawn to HIM just because of what they see in me.


That's part of the plan, isn't it? We must go forward with this life each one of us has been given. We should do all we can to bring the Father joy....the same Father Who sent His Son to this earth some 2000 years ago. He's the same Father that set in motion the life, death and resurrection of His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMaschiach). He is the same Father Whose plans from the very beginning included making a way for you and I to be with Him throughout eternity. He is that HOLY. He is that GENEROUS. He is that LOVING. He is the same - yesterday, today and forever - and He wants us to remember His love, remember His loss, remember His holiness.


So when you celebrate the birth of Yeshua/Jesus tomorrow, remember those who have lost loved ones. Visit them if you can. Call them if you can't visit them in person. And praise God for His abundant mercy in our lives. Don't keep Jesus in the manger. He's not there anymore. Thank Him for what He's done. Thank Holy Spirit for putting up with you and ask God to forgive you for ever grieving Him. Thank Him for the wonderful people He's put in your life - including those who have 'graduated' to heaven. Thank Him for the wonderful ways He has taken care of you. Yes, you will miss your loved ones and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. I miss mine, too. But let's embrace the life we still have while we are here. Let's not miss a moment of it! What I say to you, I say to me, too. I don't want to regret one minute of time God has given me going forward. Let's resolve to honor God in that way, shall we?


Blessings, blessings and more blessings to you, dear friends. Thank you so much for reading my blogs. I know that they tend to be a little long and I appreciate the time you spend following. God bless every one of you. Write whenever you feel like it. I would love to hear from you! (And I'm still looking for testimonies from any of you who may be interested in sharing them in my next book.)


Much love!

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment