Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year 2010



Wow. Hard to believe that this year is over. It just started day before yesterday, didn't it? The older I get, the faster time flies. I know, I know, everybody says that. But it's so true. And the question I have is - what did I do this year that really helped to advance the kingdom of God? Maybe just as importantly, if not more so, is what did I do to get closer to God?




I'm grateful for the love He's shown me. No kidding. I'm deeply grateful that God is so generous with His love. The word 'love' means many different things and I am learning to embrace all of those meanings in deeper ways. Couldn't do it without His grace, though. I'm not even sure that I would be willing to try. The task is daunting and people can be difficult to deal with - including me... No, no...especially me!




There are times that I feel especially close to God and, like many others, times that I feel He could not possibly want anything to do with me. The good news is, though, that He never feels that way. And the other good news is that I cannot afford to live by my feelings. Deceptive things, aren't they? So, I've made up my mind to forge ahead, regardless of what I may feel about all of that. Besides, it didn't take me too many years to figure out that listening to my feelings could stop me in my tracks and prevent me from moving forward in my relationship with the Lord, as well as in the work that He has for me to do. Listening to my feelings can create alot of problems that I'm really not interested in having in my life. Nope, listening to feelings just won't do it for me!


How about you? Struggle with that 'feelings' problem? Well, if your answer is 'yes', I encourage you to get past it. Get over it. Go around it. Be done with it. Let go of it. Press forward. Lean in. Move out! Get going! Don't let feelings stand between you and what God is calling you to. Don't let ANYTHING stand between you and the plans God has made for your future!


Having said that, let me now say this:


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Rejoice and be encouraged! Do a little happy dance! Jesus loves you! God is seated on the throne and Holy Spirit is right there with you - ready to join you in your little happy dance!


I love you, my dear blog friends. Of course, I don't know what many of your faces look like, but that doesn't matter. I don't go by what I see or feel.... I go by faith in the One who called me to love all people and who has put you into my heart. Have a blessed, and prosperous (in all ways according to His riches and His glory) New Year!!!


Vicky

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Years my dear sister in Christ!!! Love you and looking forward to ALL that God is doing in 2010!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - this silly thing is being difficult - did it post?? Happy New Year! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post!!! Think it was meant just for me... at least the shoe fit! Happy New Year and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete