Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting started...


Good afternoon everyone! I dropped by the blog to let you all know that I'm going to start the new book early. Had planned on waiting until the first of the year, but I'm very excited to get it going! I hope you'll send your testimonies in, if you have some you want to share with folks. Don't know how long this one is going to take, but I'm really looking forward to whatever God is planning to do.
It's been very - well - somewhat restful around here for the past few days. If you noticed the picture on this post, you can see why. We've been snowed in for a few days - and of course, the cats aren't really crazy about it. This is a picture of Fisher and Bijou standing at the doors that lead onto the deck. Took it this morning. They are sooooo ready to be outside again, but we don't allow it in these conditions. They are house cats and the only time they're allowed in the yard is when one of us is out there with them. They've been declawed and there are far too many feral cats in our neighborhood to trust that ours would be safe without supervision.
As for being snowbound, we are all grateful for the time we've had to get some projects done around the house, too. Although, I've gotta tell ya, standing on a ladder on Christmas Eve day with 25-35 mph winds whipping ice cold air across my face while my sister held the ladder and I cleaned the gutters (in 20 degree weather, no less), was not exactly my idea of fun. It was definitely needed, though, or we wouldn't have been out there doing it. I know there must have been at least 2-3 inches of water in them - something my frozen fingers were very loudly protesting, as I pulled what seemed like tons of leaves out of the gutters and tried not to drop them on the house or my sister's head. It was quite an experience! Probably would have been better to have gotten it done before now, but that's another story. :)
Alan and I spent the day before the gutter-cleaning episode working on another task. The garage, a seemingly never ending project, had become intolerably messy. And, so that we wouldn't have to go through the winter frustrated by the mess it had somehow turned into over the course of several months, we decided that it was probably our last chance to get it taken care of before Spring. It never ceases to amaze me how we can clean the garage to near perfection, only to find a week later that more stuff has not only found its way inside, but has also destroyed everything else in there in the process. Somebody needs to explain that to me someday... Actually, the garage has become quite a joke amongst my family members. Every time we announce that we've cleaned the garage, no less than three people tell us not to worry, because it won't last. Talk about encouragement!
Anyway, I'm going to finish this blog and dive into the new book. Take care, everyone. You remain always in my prayers. (I always ask for God's kingdom to come and His will to be done in your lives every day in all things, just as it's done in heaven. Can't beat that prayer! I took my cue from Jesus, ya know...)
May the love of our beautiful GOD, YHVH, fill you with joy, peace, hope, anticipation and encouragement for the exciting things He has prepared for you this coming year!
Much love to all of you!
Vicky V.

No comments:

Post a Comment