Saturday, November 7, 2009

Where Your Treasure Is... 30 & 3 Devo Day 18


Day Eighteen

Luke 12:32-34

“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Good morning, beloved friend. This is a beautiful time of year, don’t you think? It’s time for another great day. Are you up for it? What kind of plans have you made for this day? Have you made sure that you check out those plans with the Lord? You know, He does have plans for you. Some people have told me that they don’t believe that God is interested in their day to day activities. That’s amazing to me. He’s our Father and Creator. I believe that He cares about everything that touches our lives. I believe that we are His precious treasures on this earth and He wants the very best for each of us, whatever that may be.

So, where is your treasure? Is it in the relationship with Him? I hope so. Don’t waste your life on the things that will turn to dust. Spend your life with God instead! Set your heart on the treasure of eternal life with Him, then find out what you can do for Him to bless every life you touch today. You know, there are times I wonder who you are, what you look like and how the Lord touches you through the words on these pages. Can you see it? Our lives are connected through Jesus Christ. Until we reach the other side, we may not meet, but my prayer for these devotionals is that they will bless you in some way that causes you to be encouraged to walk closer to the Lord. If that happens, you will touch other lives that I may never meet on this side of heaven. We are connected. Store your treasures in heaven, my dear friend. God loves you!

Dear Treasure God, how I love You. Father, please help me see more clearly the beauty of the treasures I store in heaven and less clearly the things that the world considers valuable. Your word, Your ways, Your forgiveness, Your love, Your Son, Your Spirit, Your faithfulness, eternal life with You, Your children, – these are treasures to me, God. They are all so beautiful, Lord. You are Most Beautiful of all. I love You, Father. Have Your way in me today. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment