Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What God Thinks


Day Twenty-Seven

Isaiah 55:6-8

“Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord.

Good morning again, dear one. How was your day yesterday? Did you rest in the Lord – trusting Him for each moment and the outcome of those difficult situations? Are you at peace today? I love knowing that God is not able to be figured out by me. I mean, how horrible it would be if I could second-guess God! This universe would be in a lot of trouble if God wasn’t hard for me to know everything about. Come to think of it, this universe wouldn’t even exist if God’s mind wasn’t any bigger than mine. I find so much peace when I think about how merciful He is. I am very happy to say that God knows all there is to know and I can trust Him to work everything out. All I need to do is obey Him. That’s my whole job, you know. Yours, too. So go enjoy this day and rest in the knowledge that He is near, ready to teach you what you do not know and to forgive you for your sins as you forgive others. Love Him and everyone around you. You can do that, I know, because the One Who lives on the inside of you has freely poured His love into your very being.

Oh, Lord, thank You for being God. Thank You for all You are doing that I cannot see. Thank You for being a constant surprise to me, Lord. I appreciate that You show me daily that I am the clay and You are the Potter. There’s so much peace that comes from knowing I don’t have to figure out what kind of vessel I’m going to be when You’re all done. All I need to do is stay on the wheel and You will do the rest. Thank You, God. I appreciate and love You so much. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment