Saturday, November 14, 2009

Washed Clean! 30 & 3 Vol. 2 Devo Day 23


Day Twenty-Three

Isaiah 6:6-8

“Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it and said: ‘Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away. And your sin is purged.’ Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’”

Good morning, beloved. Is He talking about you in the verses for today’s devotions? Are you one who has been touched by the live coal from the altar? Would you be surprised to know that the answer may be ‘yes’? The Lord’s ‘live coal’ in your life is Jesus Christ. He took away all your sins, dear one – that is if you have forgiven everyone. If you are having a hard time with the words you read in this devotional yesterday, then let me encourage you. If you keep being tempted to withhold your forgiveness, just keep doing it everyday until it takes hold in your heart. Ask the Lord to bless the person you’re angry with, then pray for him, her or them. And don’t try to fool yourself. If you have not forgiven someone, you are definitely angry with them. True forgiveness only comes when we are no longer angry with the person. It doesn’t mean we don’t hate the action, but it does mean we no longer hold that action against the person who committed it. If we haven’t forgiven, we are still mad. Period. If that person has already passed away, then just concentrate on forgiving them. Do it until you get it deep in your heart. Unless God chooses to reveal it to you, you will never know all there was to know about what caused them to sin against you or your loved one in the first place. Your only chance for peace and hope for eternity with God is to forgive them, beloved. Just keep doing it until you get it right. We can’t get away from Jesus’ words in our reading yesterday. We must forgive. We must be purged. We must be washed clean. Our iniquity must be taken away. When we are, the Lord asks, “Whom shall I send?” Jesus told us to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations. We must be clean vessels that carry the Lord’s Spirit. Forgive. Have you been touched by the Live Coal from the altar? Have you forgiven? Is your sin purged? You can do this. Forgive. Then go in the name of Your God. Be blessed!

Holy Lord, I am here. I want to be sent by You every day of my life. Let Your forgiveness pour through me as I pour my forgiveness out on others who have hurt me in some way. Help me see anything that I need to deal with in my own heart, Lord, and I will deal with it. Send me, Father. I want to be sent. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment