Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pure Love


Day Twenty-Four

Isaiah 50:4-6

“The Lord God has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned. The Lord God has opened My ear; and I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away. I gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.”

Good morning, my dear friend. Look at our Example. It took my breath away for a moment when I read the words He put in me for today’s devotions. After the last two days’ topic being about forgiveness, I was surprised to come to this day’s verses. You see, I don’t know what the conversations will be in these paragraphs once the Lord has given the verses to me. I just list the verses He puts before me, then write thoughts after all the verses have been chosen. I am once again humbled by the majesty of God. He is so wise! So here it is in today’s verses. Jesus – our Example – encouraging us once again with His humility, His willingness to suffer what should have been our punishment. We deserved to get what He endured for us. We deserved the beatings, the scorn, the crucifixion – He didn’t. Can you see it? His forgiveness is all over these verses. Wow. It’s almost as if He is putting an exclamation point on the end of our last two days devotions. Isn’t He magnificent? What else is there to say? Let’s just pray…

Awesome God. How beautiful You are in all Your ways – and how majestic is Your love. To love me so much that You would remind me that I need to forgive others and then to point to Your sinless Son as my Example is such a gentle way to correct me. I know You mean it, Lord. I know I must forgive others. I want to do that with all of my heart. My whole desire is for You, God. My greatest longing is to be in heaven one day with You. Do whatever You need to do in me to make that happen. I love You so much, Father. Love through me, Lord. Love through me everyday. In Jesus’ Name I pray…

No comments:

Post a Comment