Friday, November 6, 2009

On the Housetops 30 & 3 Vol. 2 Day 16 Devo


Day Sixteen

Luke 12:2-4

“For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops. And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more they can do.”

Good morning! Nothing is hidden, loved one. The Lord knows everything – absolutely everything – we say or do. The Lord doesn’t want us to make the mistake of thinking we can just get away with saying any old thing we feel like saying about or to someone. Whew! That’s a sobering thought, isn’t it? I have a great idea…let’s pray for each other today. Let’s ask the Lord to let His Spirit reveal the hidden motives in our words before they even come out of our mouths. We don’t want to offend God and we don’t want to say something that will hurt someone else, either. If you’re mad at someone, get over it! Let it go. The last verse in today’s scripture tells us not to be afraid of those who kill the body, but the following verse (which is part of tomorrow’s reading) tells us that we should fear the One Who can send us to hell. The only One Who can do that is the Lord, precious friend. It isn’t His will for us to end up there, but we must choose Him and obedience to His word. We must also be forgiving. It’s critical that we watch the words of our mouths. Pray for me and I’ll be praying for you, too. Let’s honor God by keeping our mouths shut against words that won’t bless us – or anyone else, for that matter!

Dear Lord, please forgive me for every time I’ve spoken negatively about someone. I’m so sorry for my sin, Father. I know that Your word says there is life and death in the power of the tongue, and I want to speak life – not death today or any other day. You know what I need, Lord. Do those things in me that need to be done, so that I glorify You with the words of my mouth all day long, each and every day for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment