Monday, November 16, 2009

The Majesty of GOD Day 25 Devo



Isaiah 51:4-6

“Listen to Me, My people; and give ear to Me, O My nation: For law will proceed from Me, and I will make My justice rest as a light of the peoples. My righteousness is near, my salvation has gone forth, and My arms will judge the peoples; the coastlands will wait upon Me, and on My arm they will trust. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth beneath. For the heavens will vanish away like smoke, the earth will grow old like a garment, and those who dwell in it will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, and My righteousness will not be abolished.”

Hello again, sweet friend. Aren’t these tremendous promises? I love how the Lord speaks of His power and sovereignty in these verses. God is awesome strength. With a word from His lips, the earth is formed and with another word the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth and everything in it will die. Doesn’t that make you tremble? Consider His majesty. He could snuff us out like little bugs, but He doesn’t. He goes on to say that His salvation will be forever. He is our only hope and our salvation. We need Him far more than we realize. God will go on long after this earth has passed away and I want to go on with Him! I believe you do too, beloved. Worship His majesty today with all you say and do.

Blessed Lord, King of my life, how I long to be with You forever. Just as the song says, I need Thee every hour. Stay close to me, Lord. Help me stay close to You, too. I don’t want to stray one tiny inch from Your presence. I love You so much, Father. Have Your way completely in me today. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment