Monday, November 9, 2009

Love the lost 30 & 3 Devo Day 19


Day Nineteen

Luke 15:4-6

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!”

Good morning, precious friend. It’s good to have this time with you each day. I hope that you have had a wonderful morning already and that you are looking forward with great anticipation to God’s plans for you today.

These verses in today's devo mean a lot to me. I am one who was lost. Jesus had to come and find me a long time ago. There’s no way I can tell you how grateful I am that He did! Sometimes we can get so caught up in our own world and its problems that we forget about the needs of others. Sometimes we forget there are people who don’t have a clue that God loves them and wants to help them. You know, Jesus never forgets, though. He diligently calls each of us when we disappear in the wilderness of the world and lovingly carries us home on His shoulders when He “finds” us.

Do you know how exciting it is to Him when we finally decide to respond to the call of the Good Shepherd? We are so precious to Him that He wants everyone to rejoice with Him because He’s found us! Did you have any idea you are that important to Him? Can you see that His love for you is immense? In this world, we are the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. As we agree to take up the call to “go into all the world”, we find people who are broken, lost, hungry, fearful, dying, angry and mistrusting. Let’s go love them with the same enthusiasm He demonstrated in pursuing us. Just make yourself available to Him today. He’s sure to lead you as you reach out to those who need to know Him. It may not be easy at first. Don’t worry, all you have to do is show up and love them. He’ll tell you what to do. He’s very faithful. Now go, with the grace of God and the Presence of His Holy Spirit to guide you in this day’s adventure!

Good Shepherd, what can I say? You called me and forgave me, Lord, for all of my sins. Expand my vision, Father. Help me see the broken and lost sheep all around me. Let them hear the sound of Your voice reaching out to them through my words and actions today. I want to rejoice with You over the ones who answer Your call, Lord. I want to sing and dance before You every time someone moves one step closer in Your direction, including me. Thank You for sharing this life with me, God. Hallelujah! You are worthy to be praised! I love You, Father. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment