Thursday, November 19, 2009

Higher Ways


Day Twenty-Eight

Isaiah 55:9-11

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

Welcome to a fresh new day, dear friend. How about today’s verses? Don’t you just love the fact that God’s word is sure and dependable? Everything – and He does mean everything that His word was sent forth to accomplish will happen. He’s going to do what He said He would do. He’s the One Who takes care of the rain that waters the earth so we can have food to eat. My mind cannot comprehend the enormity of our God. When I sit here and type words to try to describe His indescribable majesty, I know those words are inadequate, but then trying to describe God’s magnificence is like trying to describe the inexpressible joy a new mother or father experiences as they hold their newborn baby for the first time. It’s an overwhelming feeling, and even that comparison is inadequate! Get up and dance around His throne – even if you can’t get out of the chair. Do it in your spirit. Dance, child, dance! Dance with all your might because He is God – all powerful, all knowing, ever present God… He will dance with you. His arms long to hold you close to Him. His eyes long to see you gaze into Him with total abandon, hungry and thirsty for more, more, more of Him. Doesn’t He take your breath away?!

Holy God. Magnificent, awesome, amazing, strong and gentle Father. Dance with me. Dance with me, Lord. You feed me, You dress me, You comfort me, You surround me with Your goodness every day. Thank You a million times over. I gladly place my hand in Yours today, Lord. Lead me wherever You want me to go. I love You. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment