Monday, November 23, 2009

Here I AM

Hey everybody! This is the last devo from my little 30 & 3 Vol. 2. Hope you enjoy it! Tomorrow, who knows what will be on here! :) Blessings!


Day Thirty

Isaiah 58:9-11

“Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, if you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness and your darkness shall be as the noonday. The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

Well, it’s our last day together in this devotional, beloved. I hope that you have dipped deeply into the well of God’s love these past thirty days. These last two days of verses are my prayer – and God’s desire – for you. Look at the promises He’s making here, if we will only believe and obey Him. He’s so faithful. No telling how many times I’ve said that on these pages, but I am amazed by His goodness and faithfulness. There’s so much peace that comes in knowing that our God is faithful to His word. I never forget that He’s the “If/Then God”. His word is filled with promises, but to receive those promises we have a part to play. We can only hold Him to His word if we are obedient to His commands and when we fail, we must trust His mercy through the grace of His Son, Jesus Christ. We can never earn our way into heaven, beloved. But we cannot hold God to His word if we are not even trying to be obedient. Although we may never meet in this life, I want you to know that I love you, too. You are a precious child – someone that God considered important enough for Him to create in the first place. Never forget that. Do all you can to glorify Him with your words, your thoughts and your actions. Until we meet in heaven or here on earth, I pray you will live up to the great calling of Jesus Christ in your life to the best of your ability as you surrender yourself to the Great and Immortal God of all creation. Blessings to you and your loved ones from me and mine.

Dearest Lord God, my Father and my King. I thank You for the opportunity to write these words. Thank You for Your provision in every area of my life. Lord, all the little prayers written in this 30 day devotional for these beloved people to read are lifted up to You by me also. Let Your light shine on us, Lord. Let our healing spring forth. Help us take away the yoke from our midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness. Show us how to extend our souls to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul. My prayer for each of us is found in these verses: “Then your light shall dawn in the darkness and your darkness shall be as the noonday. The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.” Thank You, Father. Thank You once again for your abundant love. We lift all of this up to You now in the Name of Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment