Sunday, November 1, 2009

Following Instructions 30 & 3 Vol. 2 Devo Day 11



Welcome to Sunday! We're getting ready to go to one of our senior care centers for church this morning and I wanted to be able to get today's devo posted before we head out the door. I hope you have a very encouraging day and that you are able to find quality time to spend with the Lord today. Blessings until tomorrow! Here's today's devo...


Day Eleven

Proverbs 4:10-12

“Hear, my son, and receive my sayings and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go; keep her, for she is your life.”

Good morning, precious friend. This is a glorious day the Lord has made and we can rejoice in it. You know, when I was learning how to walk with the Lord, one of the hardest things for me to do was ‘take firm hold of instruction’. The words ‘obedience’ and ‘instruction’ were not two of my favorite words. I had a hard time getting myself to submit to the Lord because my flesh wanted to do whatever made it feel good and it wasn’t fond of being told what to do.

Aren’t we all like that in the beginning of our walk with God? We may have all kinds of good intentions, however, getting our bodies to go along with those intentions is a different story. But as we ‘take firm hold of instruction’ and learn to obediently follow the Lord, we begin to understand there is great wisdom in taking ‘firm hold’. God’s instructions for our lives are meant to bless us, not to keep us from having ‘fun’.
Life lived in obedience to the word of God frees us in so many ways! Don’t despise the Lord’s instruction. Grab hold of it! Embrace it and His promise to you is that you will not stumble (fall into sin). He is the One Who leads us into ‘right paths’ that take us on incredible journeys with the Creator of the universe! What better tour guide could we find than Him? Enjoy this day – and every day – knowing that there is great wisdom found in you when you choose to take hold of God’s ways and never let them go!

Dear God, You are so far beyond what I can imagine! I love the fact that You are God and You hold all things in the palm of Your loving hands. Thank You for revealing more of Yourself to me. I want so much more of You, God. I want to know You more intimately with each passing moment. Let me hear Your sweet voice throughout the day and instruct me with dreams and visions as I sleep. Beautiful and holy God, I love You. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment