Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ask 30 & 3 Vol. 2 Day 15 Devo



Day Fifteen

Luke 11:9-11

“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?”

Good morning, you beautiful child of God! How greatly you are loved! How awesome is your Father in heaven! I remember the Lord telling me once that I had not because I asked not. I knew when He said it that He was inviting me to ask Him for something, so I searched my mind to see what I wanted to ask for and then asked Him for it. To make a rather long story short, let me just share with you that what I wanted seemed unreasonable to ask for at the time. It took a couple of years for me to receive what I’d asked for, but it came! This was no small thing, either. God is so humble. He waited until everything was over to let me know He had answered that particular request. Seek the Lord. He’s there with you right now. Ask Him to help you know what to ask Him for! He may want you to ask for wisdom, patience, humility or a buyer for your home. Who knows? Invite Him into your life in a new way, knowing that He loves to bless His children. And be sure to bless Him, too. Follow His direction in your life today. Obey Him. You’ll be glad you did.

Lord, sometimes we don’t have any idea what to ask You for. We know that You don’t want us to see you as some big Santa Claus sitting in the sky, but we also know that Your word says you love to bless Your children. You know what is best for me, Father. Please speak to my heart and help me know what You want for me. Thank You so much for Your generosity, God. I’ll say it again – You are truly AMAZING! In Jesus’ Name…





No comments:

Post a Comment