Friday, October 30, 2009

Who Foots The Bill? 30 & 3 Vol. 2 Devo


Me again! :) I hope these little devos are bringing you added encouragement each day. Hey, if you know someone who you think may be blessed by these little blogs, why not share them? Just copy the address in the url and paste it into an email and send it to them. Or, how about going to my website? The address is www.vickyv.com. There are other links there on the Links page that may be of interest to you and to them. And while you're at it, check out my Engagements page to see if there may be a time you could come to one of my shows or to one of the places I preach. Everyone is always welcome and that includes you, dear friend. The services are held in senior facilities, but we don't care how old or young our visitors are - we just love having them!

Now, on to the devo for today. Here it is...

Day Nine

Luke 23: 41-43

“’And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.’ Then he said to Jesus, ‘Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.’ And Jesus said to him, ‘Assuredly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.’”

Good morning, my friend. Have you ever stolen anything? Oh, it may not have seemed like a big thing at the time. Maybe you took credit for something that another person did, or stole someone’s joy with a negative word. Or maybe you stole a grape from the grocery store - you know, ate it right there in the produce aisle without paying for it. The fact of the matter is that we have all sinned. Everyone. It says so in the Bible. Jesus, Who was carrying the weight of the sins of the world, comforted a thief hanging on a cross and assured the man that he would be with the Lord in Paradise. Isn’t that something! Our Savior suffered beyond our ability to comprehend and still continued to minister to a dying thief hanging on a cross. Jesus loved that thief who recognized His Lordship as the King of Kings. Do you ever feel like you’re that dying thief hanging on a cross and like the world is crucifying you, too? Then praise God for His grace to carry you through your crucifixion! Remember, Jesus is no longer hanging on a cross – He’s seated in heaven at the right hand of His Father, interceding in your behalf daily. He will give you the strength you need to endure every trial you will ever face in this life. Because He suffered while He lived on this earth, He knows what you are going through and has the compassion to carry you gently through every circumstance, heartbreak and loss you will experience. Just praise Him today for Who He is, for all He’s done and for what He’s going to do in and through you in the days, weeks, months and years of life you have ahead of you!

Oh Lord, sweet God, how beautiful You are! How wonderful it is to know that You are there and that You care so much for Your creation. Father, please forgive me for every time I’ve stolen anything from anyone. I want to be a giver, Lord – not a thief. Help me recognize the opportunities to bless others every moment of every day. Put words in my mouth that will honor you and bless the lives of others, Lord. You have richly blessed me with life, so I ask You to help me find ways to richly bless the lives of others. Thank You, God, for being Who You are. I love you, Lord. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment