Thursday, October 29, 2009

Perfected Love 30 & 3 Vol. One Day Eight

So much to do today! I'm looking forward to time spent with our ladies at Freedom Pointe. It's time for another 'Red Hat Party', and I love entertaining the gals there. Hope you have a great day, too! Now, here's today's devo...


Day Eight

1 John 2:3-6

“Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.”

Welcome to this beautiful day, precious one! I hope that you rested well last night. What does your “walk” look like today? It isn’t always easy to walk the path that He has for us, but His word to us is very clear. If we say that we know Him, then we will obey Him. Sounds like it doesn’t matter if we’ve memorized the whole Bible if we aren’t obeying His word, doesn’t it? It matters very much to Him whether or not we keep His commandments and I believe that you must feel the same way or you wouldn’t even be reading this devotional. Another verse in 1 John says that we show Him we love Him by keeping His commandments and that they are not difficult to keep. You know, if we just keep our attention on Who He is and serve Him to the best of our understanding – walking in obedience to His word – then our lives will tell Him that we love Him, and that we really do know Him. Spend time in His presence all day long no matter where you are or what you are doing. Do your best every day to love Him through your obedience to His word and you will find yourself blessed to be “perfected in love”.

Dear Father, sometimes I have a difficult time being obedient to Your word. I am sorry for that, and ask You to forgive me for those sins. Thank You for staying patient with me, Lord. Thank You for helping me stand up every time I fall into disobedience. I want You to know that I love You, so please strengthen me to follow You in humility. You are so wonderful, dearest God. Bring Your words to life in my spirit in every circumstance. Light within me a burning desire to read and learn what You have said. Talk to me, Father – all of the time – talk to me. I am hungry for what You have to say to me, so satisfy me with the words of Your mouth. Thank You, God, for being Who You are. Thank You from the depths of my spirit. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment