Friday, October 23, 2009

30 & Three Vol. 2 Day 2 Devo

Hi!
It's 12:23 p.m. and I am just now getting to this part of the day! That is amazing, since I've already been up for over 6 hours and have done a ton of work around here. For some reason, I seem to be doing my spring cleaning about 6 months early - or late - whatever! Computer files last week and now I'm on to drawers, closets...goodness! Where will it all end?! I just hope I can find everything in a week. Do you ever have that problem? Cleaning, rearranging furniture (did that three days ago) and practically everything else in the house...only to find that in a few days you don't remember where you decided the very best and most obvious place would be for something to be stored...I mean, so obvious that you couldn't POSSIBLY forget where you decided to put it? That is one of my little challenges. Seems I'm always moving things - probably because in many ways I love change. Helps keep things 'fresh', you know?
Ah, well. The journey is always interesting and I'm so glad to be on it! Have a great day and I hope you are blessed by today's devotional. Here we go...
Day Two

Luke 14:12-14

Then He also said to him who invited Him, “When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Greetings, beloved! Have you noticed what a self-centered world we live in today? So many people focus on what makes them feel good, look good and smell good. Chances are – if you could get those folks to be honest with you – they would tell you that inside they feel empty. Of course they do! Why wouldn’t they? We were not created to satisfy the lusts or desires of our flesh, but that isn’t what the world tells us. Flip on the television and you will see commercials designed to attract us to products made to cater to our flesh, telling us we deserve to have good things, while blithely ignoring the hundreds of millions of people on the planet that are starving, sick, lonely and homeless. You know what really makes people feel good about themselves? Helping others. Finding a need and filling it. Putting clothes on the backs of people who have nothing or a roof over the heads of those who don’t have a place to sleep at night. Helping others is an incredibly fulfilling experience because we have been created to give. It’s even greater when we give to those who cannot repay us. That’s what Jesus was talking about. So fit into your schedule – today – a way to feed someone who’s hungry. If you have dinner plans tonight, make sure that you take the same amount of money you spend for that meal and buy a meal for someone on the street. Better yet, invite them to dinner with you. Sound a little intimidating? Just look at it as an opportunity to show them the love of Jesus. After all, He’s the One Who made sure you had the blessing of money for food to begin with! You have been blessed – to be a blessing!

Dear Lord, it’s so easy to be comfortable just staying in my little circle of influence, sharing with the people I know and love. I hear You calling me to step out and include others in that circle, and You know how difficult that can be for me. Please help me see You when I see them. Remind me that You had no place to lay Your head, Jesus, when I pull away from those who need help. Strengthen me with boldness so that others are blessed by my actions. Show me the need and give me wisdom to meet it with a blessing. Thank You for Your abundant blessings in my life. Use me today, sweet Lord. In Jesus’ Name…

No comments:

Post a Comment