Thursday, October 22, 2009

30 & 3 Vol. 2 Devo The Greatest Two

Good morning! I've decided to jump over to Volume Two, so if you've been following these little devotionals, you may have noticed the change. I'll finish up Volume One at a later time. For now, I hope that these words will find a resting place in you today. Blessings! V.

Day One

Mark 12:29-31

“Jesus answered him, ‘The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one. And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.’”

Good morning, beloved! It’s going to be a great day today! Here’s a question for you: Did you ever meet a person who claimed to be a Christian but still talked negatively about others? Or maybe he or she carried a huge grudge against someone for something that person said or did that was offensive. Jesus made it very plain to us that loving God with all that we are and loving people as ourselves are the two greatest things we can do. That sounds good, but when the road of life is filled with a lot of potholes and it seems as though you’re getting bounced around by the attitudes and actions of others more than usual, it may take a little greater effort to love God and to love others, too. After all, some people can be quite unlovable at times. Well, to tell the truth, so can you and I! Love them anyway, dear friend. Forgive them when they offend you in some way. Remember, God loved you before you even knew anything about Him or Who He is. He has seen everything you’ve ever done, and He still loves you. Why? Because His love for you isn’t based on your performance, accomplishments, intelligence, beauty, power, money or anything else. It is because He CHOSE to love you before He even created you. How amazing is that?! So let go of the past and embrace this new day with joy. Now get out there and choose to LOVE every lovable and unlovable person you meet today!

Dear Lord, I am amazed that you could choose to love me! Thank You for another glorious day to be Your vehicle of love in this world. Help me remember that humility is beautiful in Your eyes, Lord. You know that I am often tempted to judge or criticize instead of forgive. I can’t always see the sin in my own life, so please show me where I am being unlovable. Clean me up, Father. Take over the wheel of my life and help me see what a lousy back seat driver I really am. I love You, Lord. Be glorified in me today is my prayer in Jesus’ name…

No comments:

Post a Comment