Friday, October 16, 2009

30 & 3 vol. 1 devo

Hi everyone! I'm going to be posting from a little devotional each day. It's entitled "Thirty & Three - Volume 1". It was the first one I wrote several years ago. The idea was to keep it very brief...and it is! The first part of each day's devotional is a scripture verse, the second part some words for you and the third part is the beginning of a prayer - that you can finish, if you are so inclined. That's what inspired the title. Thirty days of devotions, with three little sections for each day. Like I said, it's a snap to read - very short. Check back tomorrow and each day thereafter for the next day's devotion. Hopefully, I'll stay caught up and always have something on here. That's my goal, too. I hope this blesses you! Enjoy! :)

Day One

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD. Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:11-13

God has given you a wonderful day! He wants you to know that He loves you deeply, and that His plans for you are good plans. If you will call out to Him and pray, He says He will listen to you. If you will seek Him with your whole heart, He says you will find Him. Take time to be with Him first thing every morning. Tell Him you love Him, and ask Him to direct your day, then share His love with everyone you see. Share a smile and a kind word. God loves you, so you can love other people, too!

Dear Lord, You are high and lifted up, worthy of all praise and honor. As I go through the minutes and hours of the day You have graciously set before me, teach me more about Your loving ways. Fill my heart with the peace that You alone can give. Be glorified in me, Lord. In Jesus’ name…

No comments:

Post a Comment